Geschichte

Stahlwerk Annahuette

A company and its history

 

1537  

Permission granted by the Salzburg Royal Archbishop Matthäus Lang von Wellenburg to mine and process iron.

 

1550

production of metal sheets, weapons, nails, screws and wire. Lively trade relations with Munich and Augsburg.

 

1600

Increased production of war materials in view of the growing threat of war in Central Europe.

 

1866 

Industrial revolution. Modernisation and extension of the Hammerau ironworks with a new sheet rolling shop, later also with a peat-fired cast welding furnace.

 

1906

German economic crisis. The Hammerau and Kaeferham Works are sold to the „Fürstlich Hohenzollernsche Hüttenverwaltung Laucherthal-Sigmaringen“.

 

1924

The Hammerau Works are taken over by the Zeller Family and renamed “Annahütte”. Arms factory during the Second World War. In 1945, construction of a Siemens-Martin-furnace and start of own steel production.

 

1975 

Worldwide recession. Despite modernisation of the works, bankruptcy cannot be avoided. Dipl.-Ing. Max Aicher becomes the new owner.

The works are renamed “Stahlwerk Annahütte Max Aicher GmbH & Co. KG“. 1976  Rationalisation measures and manufacture of structural steel mats in addition to rebar steel production.

 

1982 

Modernisation of the roll train. New walking-beam furnaces and connection of the company-own hydroelectric power station to the public energy grid.

 

1984

Extension of product range to include thread bars and prestressing bars.

 

1986 

Several patent applications for prestressing steel production. Start of 40 and 50 mm Ø thread bar production.

 

1991 

Start of round steel bar production.

 

1993 

Extension of product range: 63.5 mm Ø thread bars and anchors for mining.

 

1996

Start of accessories’ production for thread bars and prestressing bars.

 

2000 

Construction of a finishing shop for reinforcement products. Bare steel production start. Development of the new SAS 670 steel grade.

 

2002 

Setup of the first distribution centre in the USA (New Jersey).

 

2003 

The new ISO TS 16494 replaces the earlier quality management QS 9000/VDA 6.1.

 

2004

New finishing shop for rock anchor production.

 

2005

Extension of thread bar product range to 75 mm Ø. Increase of vertical integration with CNC-machines for steel bars.

 

2006 

Extension of the steel bar finishing shop. Start-up of second roller-hearth furnace. Construction completion of warehouse for accessories.

 

2007 

Construction completed on the extension of the bare steel production hall. Additional crack detection machine with added ultrasonic testing.

 

2008 

Increase of thread bar market share in Spain and France.

 

2009

Production start of anchors with double corrosion protection (DCP).

 

2010-2011  

Foundation of subsidiaries in Australia, Asia and Latin America.

 

2012 

Environmental certification DIN EN ISO 14001.

 

2013 

Energy management system certification DIN EN ISO 50001.
Development continues...